Welcome to the Department of Information Communication Technology (ICT) that is one of the promising departments in the Institute. The department focuses on creating an environment of Innovation, where students and get platform to practice and demonstrate incredible problem solving abilities of issues in the society.
The department has six trainers, four employed by the Public Service Commission – Ministry of Education, Technical & Vocational Training, while two are employed by the Board of Governors.
The members of staff are highly skilled in various fields in ICT, and provides one-on-one attention to students within class rooms, practical lab work and in the implementation of real-life solutions using ICT. We produce highly competent and disciplined graduates to the labour market and entrepreneurship.
The ICT department has the mandate to provide technical advice on ICT matters relating to hardware, software and networks. In addition, we provide IT and communication services in support of teaching and research at Bumbe Technical Training Institute. These services include:
- Providing specification for acquisition of hardware, software and ICT networking components and accessories.
- Maintaining and repairing of all computing equipment.
- Design and installation of communication networks.
- Facilitating the use of ICT in teaching and research.
- Enforcing software licensing compliance and ICT standards at Bumbe Technical Training Institute.
- To provide high quality services and training in ICT and to our students.
- To conduct training and learning activities in the department of ICT.
- To ensure students enrolment is stable and increases in the department
- To carry out research and innovation in ICT for social and economic development.
- To adhere to good governance, leadership and management of departmental affairs.
- To recommend for recruitment highly qualified staff in ICT disciplines.
- To provide technical advice on ICT matters relating to hardware, software and networks
- To provide IT and Communication services in support of teaching and research at Bumbe Technical Training Institute.
- Diploma in ICT (3 Years) – KNEC
- Craft in ICT (2 Years) – KNEC
- ICT Technician Level 6 – TVET CDACC
- Short Courses e.g. Computer Packages, QuickBooks, AutoCAD & ArchiCAD, Computer Repair, Networking e,t,c
E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel. No. +254736391750
ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT SERVICE DELIVERY CHARTER
Service / Good Rendered
Requirement to Obtain Service/Good
User Charges (Ksh.)
Minimum entry grade
Depends on course duration
Issuance of certificates/ progress reports
Completion of an examination, Payment of full fees
Issuance for training materials for trainees
Discipline of students
Attending to students’ issues
Guidance and Counselling for students and staff
Identified counseling needs, Appointment.